Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Recent Baby Shower



Wow! It's been a week since our last post -
where does time go?  

Here's a little catch-up - I recently had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for one of my dearest friends.  To say I am excited for this baby is an understatement!  So obviously I was in charge of the printed materials for the shower. Being in charge of selecting an invitation is a TON of pressure for me because I want the invitation to be "perfect", I want my friend to love it and I want the other hostesses and guests to be excited about it.  After working on about 5 different invitations I finally came up with the above invitation.  It is not too baby-ish since it was a couples shower, the gender of the baby is a surprise and the guest of honor is understated in her affinity for "baby".  Then, I selected a robin's egg blue cocktail napkin and dinner napkin with white ink (sorry about my bad photography - I wanted to keep the napkins in celophane until the party so that they didn't get crushed and wrinkled).  We made tissue pom-poms to hang from the trees outdoors and a tissue garland that matched the invitation.  It was a fun night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment